Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Of Metal and Wishes

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Sarah Fine
Paranormal Young Adult
Releases August 5th, 2014 from Margaret K. McElderry Books

From Goodreads:

There are whispers of a ghost in the slaughterhouse where sixteen-year-old Wen assists her father in his medical clinic—a ghost who grants wishes to those who need them most. When one of the Noor, men hired as cheap factory labor, humiliates Wen, she makes an impulsive wish of her own, and the Ghost grants it. Brutally.

Guilt-ridden, Wen befriends the Noor, including their outspoken leader, a young man named Melik. At the same time, she is lured by the mystery of the Ghost and learns he has been watching her … for a very long time.

As deadly accidents fuel tensions within the factory, Wen must confront her growing feelings for Melik, who is enraged at the sadistic factory bosses and the prejudice faced by his people at the hand of Wen’s, and her need to appease the Ghost, who is determined to protect her against any threat—real or imagined. She must decide whom she can trust, because as her heart is torn, the factory is exploding around her … and she might go down with it.


My main interest in this book? The fact that it's written by Sarah Fine. I only recently discovered Sanctum and Fractured, but I fell head over heels in love with those books and the way Ms. Fine tells a story. I think she has an extraordinary gift for characterization, and I simply cannot wait to meet Wen and Melik (and this Ghost). She also knows how to write gorgeously painful romances and we all know how I feel about those. WIN. 

35 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Of Metal and Wishes sounds like it's going to be awesome. I recently discovered Sarah Fines book and I'm a fan too :)

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! *high five* She's definitely an auto-buy author for me now:)

      Delete
  2. OoOO I didn't add these two books together!! Because of you I even read Sanctum, which I loved (of course I did) and I didn't realised she's the author of this book!!! Marking it for my wish list super high up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? I saw this one yesterday and new I had to feature it now that it had a cover. MUST HAVE DANNY!

      Delete
  3. Sarah Fine is on my list of authors I need to me. I have seen this one around and it sounds really interesting. I hope you'll get it soon Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I think I have a bit of a wait Tanja, but a girl can hope for an earlier release date right? RIGHT!?!

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed Sanctum too, and I agree that the characterization was spot on.

    I am really looking forward to the release of this book now! Sounds fab. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH RENU! Sanctum was so fantastic, and I loved Fractured as well even though it ripped my heart out and stomped on it. I can't wait to see what this book has in store:)

      Delete
  5. YES, I'm so eager to read this. I love Fine's writing and the synopsis of this sounds so promising. I also know Fine has a sci-fi novel coming up too, so I'm excited to see her branching out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's all over the place isn't she? In a really good way of course, I like that we're getting such a wide variety of work from her!

      Delete
  6. Ooh nice!! Been seeing a lot of this one lately!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I'm so excited for this book, Jenny! I can't even tell you how much I adore Sarah Fine! She's absolutely amazing and yes, I'm with you on the romance. This is going to be great!
    I hope you managed to get a copy off EW! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this book on Edelweiss? DID I MISS IT NICK? *runs to check*

      Delete
  8. SARAH FINE! She's the co-author of SCAN, too, which I couldn't help but start, and it's aweeesommme. I must have this one, too. Thanks for putting it on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! I saw that on her website, that's another one I'll have to pick up. Glad it's amazing so far!

      Delete
  9. Yes! I have this to read and it has been so hard waiting, I am super excited about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting is never fun Ali. And we have quite a wait for this one. Boo.

      Delete
  10. I haven't read Sanctum yet but I've heard nothing but praise for it. Which means I need to read it AND check out this new story of her, which sounds fantastic! Love the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored it Mary! It was just really dark and fascinating and the world was creepy as all get out but so interesting at the same time. Hope you get a chance to try it!

      Delete
  11. A friend of ours recently read this and she LOVED it. We're so excited to read it too - can't believe we have to wait so long!

    WoW on Polished Readers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I have high expectations for it since I've enjoyed her other books so much:):)

      Delete
  12. I love the mysterious air of the book's cover and I'm always up for a good ghost story. I'm really curious about this one, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary has me intrigued by her dragon egg book. I need to run and check out book one in that series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooooooooooooooo deliciously creepy. I can't wait for you to review this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny, you have convinced me. I need to read the books by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Sarah too, I think she's an amazing author, and I'm so excited about all her new projects. There's so much to look forward to these days! But August 5th... wow, that hurts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darn it Jenny! You aren't supposed to find me MORE books to want. This sounds good and I now know I must read all her books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Psst... you can grab this on Edelweiss. I have it and cant' wait. Already have a post in the works with Sarah because you know I am a huge fan. Glad you finally took the plunge and read her books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay so I've gotten wary about books involving main characters that are ghosts. Especially ones that seem like they could be love interests? But perhaps I'm totally misinterpreting that. However, the cover is GORGEOUS, and the world building sounds fantastic too. This girl works in a slaughterhouse at a medical clinic? I need to experience that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm very excited to read this one! It looks fantastic, and I also love Sarah's writing so much, she's pretty much auto-buy, regardless of synopsis and cover (though both are wonderful here). Great choice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just recently found out about this and I wanted to read it without reading the synopsis just because Sarah Fine wrote it! Great choice, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete