Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Sisters of Salt and Iron

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Sisters of Blood & Spirit 32
Kady Cross
Paranormal Young Adult
Releases March 2016 from HarlequinTEEN

From Goodreads:

As Halloween approaches, twin sisters Lark, who is alive, and Wren, a tethered spirit, find themselves drifting apart. While Lark is happy with new boyfriend Ben, Wren is still hurting over her own still-alive-and-kicking love-interest, Kevin, who may or may not have kissed another girl. Spending more time on the Other Side, and less time with her sister in the land of the living, Lark becomes close with the spirit of a young man, Noah, who was killed years ago. But Noah is not as nice as he seems, and his thirst for vengeance has a dark and sudden influence on Wren. With the veil between the worlds thinning for Halloween, the spirits are getting stronger and it will be up to Lark and her friends to stop Noah and save Wren from becoming a monster. But the only way to do that could be to kill the boy that Wren is falling in love with.

At the time I picked up the first book in this series, Sisters of Blood and Spirit, I was in a reading slump much as I am now, but Lark and Wren hooked me from page one and I blew threw the first installment of their journey in record time. It was just creepy enough to have me reading with all the lights on, but not so scary (scary being a relative term of course because I am a wimp of the first order) that I was up half the night listening to every noise my house made. I'm really looking forward to seeing how things progress in this book, and though Wren is dead, I can't help but want some kind of happily ever after for her!

37 comments:

  1. Awesome pick! I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Check out our WOW

    Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first book yet but it's part of my TBR. I have read Kady Cross's Steampunk Chronicles which I really enjoy so I'm hoping that this other series of her is good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so enjoyed the first one! I hadn't read Kady Cross before but I will be reading more of her now:)

      Delete
  3. YES! Saw this on twitter or somewhere recently and was too happy! Loved the first one and can't wait to read this one either!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really cool! The cover is neat, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? I can't wait to get my hands on this one:)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read the first book yet, but it's on my list! I hope this one will be just as amazing for you as the first one, Jenny! You might need to hold my hand when I read it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just hugely entertaining Nick! I liked the dynamic between the sisters and am looking forward to learning more about their...situation ;-)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I remember your review if the first one and how you enjoyed the sisters unique relationship. I can't wait to see your thoughts on Sisters of Salt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't started this series, but it looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not read read this new series by Kady! I LOVED her steampunk series though :D I hope you love this one when you get the chance to read it, Jenny!

    Have a fantastic day :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read her steampunk series Alyssa!

      Delete
  9. I haven't read this series but I like what I've read of Kady in the past! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This series has slipped my radar completely but I love the covers and seeing as I'm in a reading slump myself, right now, I definitely need to give this a shot! Thanks for introducing me to these books, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a super quick read for me Keertana, I blew right through it!

      Delete
  11. I have GOT to read the first book! I've heard really good things about it. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh girl this book sounds UBER CREEPY. I'm in the mood for a good scare and this one just sounds so different! Awesome pick this week and thanks for putting it on my radar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely creepy, but not bloody or gory which is what always gets me:)

      Delete
  13. Gosh girl this book sounds UBER CREEPY. I'm in the mood for a good scare and this one just sounds so different! Awesome pick this week and thanks for putting it on my radar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am definitely waiting on this one as well Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read the first book yet but I want to! I seem to remember reading all about it right here^^ :) I hope that you'll love the sequel just as much (or more!) and that it will fix your current reading slump as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to find my way out of this slump Micheline! This one would do it, but March is so far away:(

      Delete
  16. I'm totally a wimp too Jenny, when it comes to scary reads, so I'm glad to know the first book wasn't too bad, it's a shame the release date for this book is so far away though, this book would have been perfect to get stuck into around Halloween! Great pick Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Jasprit, but this one was creepy rather than horrifying. I really liked it:)

      Delete
  17. That cover looks amazing! From time to time, I'm brave enough to read a scary book. :) Enjoy, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto Joy! Scary books are typically not for me, but this one was creepy but not too over the top.

      Delete
  18. I do hope you'll enjoy this one loads Jenny and that it'll help you recover from that slump of yours!

    ReplyDelete