Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Starflight

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!



Melissa Landers
Young Adult/Sci-Fi Romance
Available February 2nd, 2016 from Disney-Hyperion

From Goodreads:

Life in the outer realm is a lawless, dirty, hard existence, and Solara Brooks is hungry for it. Just out of the orphanage, she needs a fresh start in a place where nobody cares about the engine grease beneath her fingernails or the felony tattoos across her knuckles. She's so desperate to reach the realm that she's willing to indenture herself to Doran Spaulding, the rich and popular quarterback who made her life miserable all through high school, in exchange for passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith.

When a twist of fate lands them instead on the Banshee, a vessel of dubious repute, Doran learns he's been framed on Earth for conspiracy. As he pursues a set of mysterious coordinates rumored to hold the key to clearing his name, he and Solara must get past their enmity to work together and evade those out for their arrest. Life on the Banshee may be tumultuous, but as Solara and Doran are forced to question everything they once believed about their world--and each other--the ship becomes home, and the eccentric crew family. But what Solara and Doran discover on the mysterious Planet X has the power to not only alter their lives, but the existence of everyone in the universe...

Hello there, gorgeous. In true girly fashion, the shininess of this cover immediately called to me, begging me to click on it and take a closer look. When I did, it became apparent that I needed this book in my life immediately. I think you guys know by now that antagonistic romantic relationships are my very favorite kind, so the fact that Solara and Doran have baggage of the life-made-miserable variety makes me absurdly happy. I'm not sure what that says about me really, but I can't wait to see how things play out between these two.

Plus, that cover. It's so shiny and pretty. *pets it*

WHY MUST YOU BE SO FAR AWAY FEBRUARY?!

31 comments:

  1. WOAH, HI THERE, GORGEOUS. I've heard great things about Landers' other sci-fi YA series, so it's good that she's coming out with another one, eh? This one sounds amazing - I love antagonistic romances too! I hope you get your hands on a copy early :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? I love antagonistic romances something fierce Jen!

      Delete
  2. AGREED!! SHINY! NEEEEEED! Such a pretty coverrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I'm excited for this too! It sounds awesome! I still need to read her first duology, I have the first book but that's as far as I've gotten! LOL!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy:)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read a good sci-fi novel in sometime, so I will have to add this to my TBR list. I think it sounds great and it reminds me a little of The 100. Great pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while for me too Christina, and I'm definitely in the mood for one:)

      Delete
  5. YES, Jenny! This book sounds really good and I can't wait to read it. And of course I agree with your comments on the cover. So pretty! :)
    Lovely pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *pets screen* I can't wait to see this in print form Nick. I hope they do something fun and metallic with it:)

      Delete
  6. Okay, this sounds pretty awesome - On the run in space on a "dubious" ship with a antagonistic romance brewing!! Such a pretty cover too. I can't wait to check this one out. Great pcik, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with antagonistic romances Kim. OBSESSED! There's just so much tension and I love it!

      Delete
  7. Off planet adventure and a pretty cover...This is new to me but I like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH I agree, that cover is gorgeous and it demands to be read! Great pick Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks interesting. There has been so many good sci-fi YA out lately. YaY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pretty sure I have this on my "OMG, I MUST HAVE THIS" list because I love her sci-fi stuff!! I'm not even going to bother wishing for an ARC (knowing how she feels about those) - I need to go pre-order this when it's available!! Thanks for the awesome reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU'RE WELCOME!!! I need it to be February please.

      Delete
  11. Holy gorgeous! So pretty! So shiny! SHINY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect timing for this book with all the space discoveries we've been witnessing lately!

    ReplyDelete
  13. February cannot come soon enough - this sounds incredible!

    Awesome choice, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh this sounds wonderful^^ I'll admit that, like you, I was drawn into the gorgeous cover but then the blurb really sinks its teeth into you! It sounds like a fun, adventure with some nice romance thrown into the mix ;D Count me in! Awesome pick Jenny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. SCIFI ROMANCE OF THE YA VARIETY!!!!!!!! I'm so darned excited that SciFi is making a stronger showing these days. I need more. I want more. Especially when there are pretty covers like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this cover and I loved Alienated. There's something about the synopsis though that still has me on the fence.

    ReplyDelete